Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Summertime and almost 6 months!

I just realized I only had 1 post last month. Sorry! July was very busy for us as we were at the lake enjoying the wonderful weather, my work picked up quite a bit, and the longer days seemed to keep the kids up later and later each night!
Hayley still is a wonderful sleeper. Sometimes going down around 8:30 and sleeping until I come to bed at 11 and then straight to 6am. Sometimes she doesn't even wake up at 11 and will sleep straight to 6. It is truly a blessing! Of course getting both the kids to sleep around the same time at their ages is enough to make me want to put a fork in my eye each night! LOL!!!
Anyways! Hayley turns 6 months tomorrow and she's currently at maximum baby cuteness in my opinion. She laughs a ton and I often just hug and tickle her as she is an incredibly lovable and hugable baby. She's also in a size 18 months. Yes, 18 months. She's proportional though, long and wide, and I always get the comment "jeez, she's not eating enough is she!" with every person we meet. I go in for her 6 month weigh in in a few weeks and will post her stats. We are starting to see her neck a bit now, though, as for a while her huge cheeks were so big we could not see it!
She's also starting to play with toys, which is now an interesting dynamic at our house. Evan actually does pretty well sharing but he often brings her his trucks to play with (I took a few pictures below.) She's probably one of the few 6 month old girls who regularly play with trucks! She's also been eating a bit of foods now (starting mid-July) and does pretty well with them. She rolled over for Mike last week while I was at work, which was the first "first" I missed with my kids. (Atleast the first one Mike shared!)
Evan is now pretty helpful around the house (ie, he cleans up about half of what he destroys) and honestly he's a great big brother, far exceeding what I thought possible. There's really not a lot of jealousy between the two at all (knock on wood) as they enjoy each others company even at this age. Evan is starting preschool two days a week for two hours a day next month which has me fretting a bit as he's always, his entire life, been with either Mike, me, or Nana and Papa. Mike reminds me that this kid can operate my iPhone well enough to watch Car videos on you tube so he's probably ready to go to school. I guess if it doesn't go well he can always text me!








Here's Evan and his friend "posing" for the camera. They thought it would be fun to be strapped in the double stroller and pushed down the biggest hill on our block as fast as I could go (while carrying baby Hayley).



Mike turned 30 and a half. Wow, we are old!!!! Him more than me!!!




1 comment:

Nana and Papa said...

Happy half birthday Hayley. Your mama liked to play with trucks, too! Thanks for being such a good helper and for sharing your toys, Evan. Love you lots.