Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day

We had a lovely weekend. Mike and I were at the lake for most of the days and then got together with his side of the family for a picnic on Monday. Evan loved going to "Thomas" donuts, "jumping" in the water to make a big splash (although the water was really cool, so he basically jumped to me but only wanted to get his feet wet), and Mike and I even got to ride on his bike and see a movie which was the first movie I think we've gone to see since Hayley was born.
Hayley is holding her head up all of the time now and is starting to grab onto things. I told Mike a few days ago that the first thing she grabbed onto was a toy up in the playroom after dinner and he said "nope, she grabbed onto my finger this afternoon and held onto it really tight". She and Mike get along really well! She is also really talkative and still a very melow baby. Evan helps Mike feed her when I'm working and is generally fairly good with sharing stuff. Evan's also putting on his own shoes (sometime on the wrong feet) and he's currently a big "Nana's boy".
Hayley's trying to roll over and I think soon the days will be over when we can just sit her on our laps while we play with Evan as she will want to go her own direction. She's also a taller baby, she's already in 9 month clothing!
My return to work has been a lot easier on all of us this time as it is old hat with Mike and Hayley enjoys watching Evan and is taking a bottle well (I'm still nursing but I'm lucky my work has a mother's room I can use during the day.) However it's still a lot of work for Mike and I'm really thankful that he's staying at home with the kids because I know the amount of energy and patience it requires!!!
























1 comment:

Nana and Papa said...

Happy memorial day to all - bring on summer! Love you lots.