Saturday, September 13, 2008

Spread your wings and fly!

Evan has become quite independent over the last week or so. It probably started a month or so ago when he started walking / running 99% of the time instead of asking to be carried by mama and recently he's decided to really take off on his own without me. (Quite an accomplishment for those of you who know him!)

Yesterday we went to our downtown's festival where we watched the parade (he *loved* the marching band) and could not believe it when people from the parade threw candy at us! Then we walked around to the rides and he saw a large bouncy and said "Evan In?" I told him "Mama can't go with you in there" thinking that would be the end of it but he still said "Evan In?" After a few more "Evan In"s I buckled and paid the $2 ticket for what I thought would be 30 second. Boy, was I wrong. He was in there with the big kids laughing it up and falling down and laughing even harder. After about 45 minutes (obviously well worth the $2) we were the only ones left in the bouncy and I was finally able to pull him away although he was still saying "more more more"!

We've also enrolled in swimming class once a week which he adores (he's the first one in and the last one out.) It's more of an open play in the pool but he's definately a little fish.

Lastly, we were at the mall's playground this morning and for the first time I actually just sat and watched him run around (instead of helping him climb and jump). He's big for his age and to his credit he was probably the only one under two out on his own.

In "other baby" news we've decided to name our little Valentine's girl Hayley Joy (although Mike reserves the right to change the spelling until she is born.) For those of you who don't know, we decided (pre-Evan) that Mike would get to name any girls we had and I would name the boys. Although I really like the name as well.

As a 100th post anniversary special, we added a poll to the right where you can voice your opinion on the spelling of the first name (middle name is non-negotiable!)







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun times. I would always pick a "y" in a girls name. Take care. Love you.

Sonya Yassi said...

Wow... I am finally caught up on the blog!! Hadn't been able to read it for a few weeks! So much excitement!! =) I love the name Hayley... but let's make the spelling with like 2 middle names... Her name could be Hay then her two middle names are Lee and Joy... Hay Lee Joy Becker. I like it.