I dreamed of a themed Halloween this year - all of the family actually agreed it would be fun to be various Star Wars characters. We have been watching an episode roughly every weekend (episode one was actually better than I remember, although I remember it being horrible!) I was a bit surprised that no one cared to be Luke or Leah but the boys both wanted to be storm troopers (which were actually quite warm and easy to do for the cold Michigan trick or treat) and Hayley wanted to be Rey, who is the heroine (I've heard) of the upcoming Star Wars episode 7. Darth Vader was the obvious choice for Mike (who towers at 6 foot 4, the costume was actually quite good on him!) which left me to Leah, as my hair was meant to play that role for all of my life.
Despite a mix up at the Halloween online store and a last minute Target run for blasters my mom made (this is typical Becker household stuff) we were all ready - and Logan especially was digging the part, wearing his trooper uniform around the day or two before!
And then.... Hayley fractured her ankle. Poor thing tripped (I KID YOU NOT) on another kid's darth vader cape, took an awful spill, and had an ankle the size of a grapefruit. We went to the doctors (some of us still in costume, then the orthopedic, then fitted for a boot that she will be in for 4 weeks.
Luckily, a friend gave us a wagon and Mike pulled her around the neighborhood and we all managed to still pull in quite a hall (and one of the guinea pigs did get to go trick or treating with us - I think it was a baby ewok.)
Here are some pictures - some before and some after the break - please keep us in your thoughts over the next few weeks for a speedy recovery.






Luke - I am your.... mother??









No comments:
Post a Comment