Saturday, May 09, 2015

Evan's City Council

Evan just finished up a cool unit on government - he ran for city council (and was elected).  I have his practice speech that he gave below.  He also had to run a business, pay taxes, vote on laws, and also had city council meetings to rule on issues brought before them.




For his business we made snowmen pencil toppers.  We made over 100.  By 'we' I mean mostly me.  We now have a running joke that I don't ever want to build a snowman (that you have to sing in Elsa/Anna voices.)  Some of his friends just bought stuff to sell, instead of making them, like pencils at the store... mental note for Hayley and Logan....

Mike went to the city opening day (and took Hayley, who got her nails done and bought some pencils and toppers, and Logan).  Nana and papa visited on Tuesday, and I went the last day, Thursday.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Evan on winning a seat on city council and a successful snowman topper business. Love you lots, Nana and Papa