Happy New Year everyone!
We celebrated the first week of the new year with the Gerber clan on a cruise through the Western Carribean. We stopped in Key West and in Mexico and had a fabulous time in the sunny and warm weather.
Evan loved watching the water go by, the huge glass elevators that ran up and down in the ship, the ability to grab an apple at virtually any time (often he was caught with one in each hand), and walking/dancing around on the pool deck when the poolside band was playing. (Although I didn't see it, Evan and I dancing was the opening segment in the highlight movie the cruise ship produced.) He also got to know quite a lot of the extended family and enjoyed pointing at everyone so that I would say each person's name. I think he was amazed at all of the people we knew!
Mike and I got to explore the keys on mopeds with the cousin biker gang (we even had our own gang signal... we were pretty scared... I mean... scary!) Sonya was a great tourguide and we saw the southern most US point, explored beaches and lighthouses and tried to avoid left turns and crashing!
The gang formation! (I'm the only one who didn't drive, so I took some pictures while we were on the fly)






Playing on the balcony:



Coming into the keys looking out our balcony:
Outside of Mexico on our room's balcony:
Family poses (with our cool t-shirts):




Our dinning room tables:


More t-shirt pictures:


2 comments:
What a great way to start 2008! Thanks for sharing the photos and videos. Love you.
The pics and videos were great memory inducers. It was truly relaxing, good family time. Take care. Love you.
Post a Comment