Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

Sorry for the delay in posts! I have been busy working after Evan goes to bed so I haven't had much time to write.

Evan is doing great. He is sitting up now (with pillows propped behind him) but he still is preferring to walk around (holding onto my fingers).

Mike put up a swing for him in our back yard which he loves (I will post pictures of it later) and he also got us a mini pool for splashing around in the backyard. We have been spending some time at the lake where Evan is enjoying the grandparents and the water. Here are a few recent pictures:

Hanging out with the grandparents:




(Yes, he has a mohawk!)




Grandma and Grandpa also bought a little pool for Evan to try out. Here are Grandpa and Daddy filling up the lake baby pool:



Although he enjoyed splashing in the pool and dipping his feet in, he is still a little unsure about it. Here are some pictures:





We figured out later that Evan was wondering why on earth we were sticking him in a pool when there was a lake 10 feet away! I thought for sure he would be in the lake with us for about 5 seconds but we were pleasantly surprised. We were all in for a good 15 minutes and then decided to get in from the sun (Evan only fussed when we tried to put him in the tube we got for him, but Mike did enjoy using it :) ):

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures; we are really looking forward to meeting Evan and Ida Jane. Take care. Love, Aunt Kathy

Nana and Papa said...

Thanks for sharing the fun family pictures. Can't wait to see both Ida Jane and Evan at Lake James.
Love, grandpa and grandma Z

Sonya Yassi said...

Ugh! Sorry I've been so behind in keeping up with Evan's blog! I just went and read all of them though and he is just the cutest thing since a baby kitten!!! Love all the pics and so glad you're keeping this blog for him so I can see him too! Congrats on finishing up your Actuarial Certificate too!! So proud of you!!!! Love you bunches and miss you more!!