Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Quotes from our summer

On the lazy days of summer
(During Summer Vacation, as we are about to go outside)
Evan (still in his pajamas): How did Hayley get dressed so fast?
Hayley: I've been wearing this for two days!

#GenerationGap
Evan (during a minecraft 'build battle'): I put hashtag 2 by your artwork because you got second place
Me: hashtag 2?
Evan: (shows me #2)
Me: stunned silence

The power of mom
Evan: Who is this guy? (pointing to Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill)
Me: It's someone who was president a long time ago, there is actually a debate going on right now about putting someone else on there who made a larger impact on society, maybe even a woman because we don't have any women.
Evan: We had a woman as a president?
Me: No. I guess we would just have a woman who was very powerful.
Evan: Like you?
Me: stunned silence

No comments: