Saturday, June 02, 2012

Yuk food place


Our first inside joke with the kids, so I have to post so I can remember it.

A few weeks ago around lunch time we saw a fazollis. As this place makes breadsticks, which is one of the five foods evan will eat,it seemed to me and mike to be a great place to get food. However, the older kids did not agree. ( it should be noted that logan was fine, as usual, either way. Typical third child.) Hayley and Evan refused to get out of the car (Hayley because she was comfy with her tiny blanket and Evan because he hates trying anything new, see reference on five foods.) Exacerbated, as it's almost 1 and I don't know what other restaurants are in the area, I tell them, in not my best mommy moment, that the food there would have been great. I sigh and say that now they were going to have to eat at "yuk food place". Mike rolls his eyes and Evan starts to scream but Hayley, in her terrible twos....errrr.....threes looks at me and says deadpan "Mommy, I like yuk food place."
Seriously kid?
I guess we all just had to laugh at that.
From then on we have occasionally referenced McDonalds, which we found a few miles down the road, "yuk food place." and hayley was right, she did like it.

1 comment:

Aunt Kathy said...

first of many inside jokes when you are a family :) Thanks for sharing. Take care. Love you