Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas! I know I have been truly blessed to have such a great family. It has been a busy and interesting 2010 for us and I am looking forward to 2011!

We've had (and still have) a lot of snow this month but the kids absolutely love it (and truthfully, being almost 37 weeks pregnant, I really like the cold!) Evan built his first solo snowman (which he claimed was the tallest snowman ever - I have the picture to prove it ;) ). He loves school and he tells me baby Logan is going to look just like him when he is born! Hayley's been climbing and jumping off of everything and I think is the only almost 2 year old girl to love playing with batman. She's also really into the Thomas trains and I'm incredibly glad we've got such a set from when Evan was her age! Along with the trains and superheros, she adores her stuffed animals and sleeps with probably 10 of them every night. Not to jinx it, but the kids now all sleep through the night for a good 11 hours straight (Evan hasn't napped for one or two years but Hayley will still nap every other day atleast.) Of course, I'm trying not to get used to this sleeping through the night thing as it will be gone as soon as Logan arrives! I am still hoping for a week or two before his arrival although it feels like my body's about to fall apart at any moment, so I'll take whatever happens. I have been cleared to deliver at the birthing center again, so please keep your fingers crossed for a fast and uncomplicated delivery.

We set up Logan's bassinet (the same one Evan and Hayley used) and it was really odd to have Evan helping me figure it all out. What cracked me up, though, is that when it was finished the kids insisted it be put in their room (the "kids" room.) Aparently, baby Logan is sleeping with them. HA!!!

In other great news, Mike just found out his semester grades and snagged 2 A+s, 2As, and a B+ which besides being truly awesome, puts him on the dean's list which was his goal.

Here are some pictures!

























I think Evan's going to be an engineer. He is very strict with following the instruction specifications and kept telling me not to give up when we were working on this gingerbread train!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all of the snowy pictures and that first solo snowman. Happy New Year! Love you lots.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great pics! Happy New Year to the Becker family! Love, Aunt Madi

Aunt Kathy said...

Loved the pictures; wishing you a very Happy New Year. Take care. Love you.