Sunday, July 13, 2008

Summer Fun

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Evan took his first trip to the local zoo this weekend which went really well. He loved the penguin exhibit the best (as did I, they were jumping and swimming in the water and we even caught them being fed which was pretty cool! We saw that exhibit three times.) He also was in awe of the train ride that was part of our zoo visit and waved to everyone and said "hello!" as we were passing them. I took a picture of him on the train but that's the only one I got as my energy was consumed with running / chasing him around the zoo that day!

We also went to the park on Sunday where Mike grilled chicken and made rice over a campfire. Evan enjoys walking the trails now which is fun. He's also starting to say sentences (today he said "Dada, mama pider go night night." Which reminds me of his love of bugs, he brought me a worm yesterday.) I also had one of those "I can't believe he's growing up so fast" moments when he rode the neighbor's hotwheel about 7 houses down (saying "mama no help.")

Thanks to Bev for some extra lake pictures from the fourth of July. I still have some of the baseball game which will be coming soon as well.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Evan - Glad you had fun at the zoo. I like penguins, too, but you can keep the spiders and worms. Love, Nana and Papa

Anonymous said...

Hi evan, mike and Sarah. I confess I taught Evan about the worms. Good pics! Love. Papa