For the first time this week, Evan starting playing peek-a-boo by hiding under a blanket which was quite adorable. Also, he did something that totally cracked me up, he hid his toy boat under his blanket and looked at me with his palms up and shrugging as if saying where'd the boat go? This is exactly the pose I do when I have "hid" something from him and we are looking for it. It was a bit scary to see how closely he could imitate me!
Here are some pictures of him playing with some of his new first birthday toys. I've also attached a video of him playing with a car garage he got from Great Grandmama and Great Granddad which he absolutely loves. It took me about 45 minutes to get it together because he loves the fact that not only can you zoom cars around on it, but you can also take it apart and build it again very easily.
I also reminded Mike tonight what was going on one year ago right now.... The contractions which led to Evan being born started at 11pm on the 28th (yep.... it was quite a long event!) I did let Mike sleep through the night as I wandered the house wondering if this was actually it. When I woke him up at 6am I was convinced that we needed to be at the hospital immediately and little did I know it would still be over 20 hours until he arrived!






2 comments:
There is lots to brag about when watching Evan. My how fast a year goes and those labor memories never fade, but are well worth the blessing received. Take care. Love you.
Hi, Evan - loving every minute that we get to play with you. It's been a busy year for a busy boy! Happy birthday tomorrow. Love and kisses.
Post a Comment